Friday, May 5, 2017




YES! IT HAS COME TO THIS!

 Rick will undergo surgery in a couple of weeks to have both kidneys removed.  We should know Monday, May 8, 2017 what day it will be.  He is currently at 8% kidney function and the kidneys have grown so large with cysts that they need to be removed.  He was placed on hold on the transplant list in February.  He will hopefully be reinstated after the surgery.  What does this mean for Rick?  Well, major surgery of course and then dialysis.  He plans on being able to do the Peritoneal Dialysis, which can be done at home at night while he sleeps. Until he heals from the surgery, he will be on regular Hemodialysis for a few weeks.

 We get to have rigorous training on how to be sanitary, take vitals, watch for infection, and use the dialysis equipment. Sure hope these old dogs can learn new tricks. So sometimes I'm pretty nieve and don't understand the body's functions, but this old dog learned that once you are on dialysis, you no longer pee. (Sorry if I offend anyone) Just kind of  a weird thought.



Life is changing in the Young household, but a good friend told me on facebook "Dialysis is not life ending it is life saving!"  I appreciate this bit of wisdom and positive attitude.   We have already felt your love and concerns on our behalf.  Thank you for your prayers and fasting.  We certainly will take more of them too.

I don't get super mushy or personal in most conversations but just might in this one.  The last few weeks have given me a lot to contemplate and worry about and I find myself thinking about the What Ifs????  It has also given me time to remember the blessings I have received from having this man in my life.  He is so extremely patient.  He loves me with his whole heart, even when I am not so nice.  He loves his children and has been a great example and Father to them.  He loves those beautiful Granddaughters.  He loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He has touched so many lives.  It was made evident to me last night at a graduation of some very special people to him.  He is a great teacher.  He never boasts or brags. He dwells on the positive rather than the negative.  He is extremely smart and is always willing to share that knowledge to help others learn.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers on our behalf.  We feel the warmth and comfort of your well wishes along with the gentle love of our Savior and Heavenly Father.  I will try to keep you updated with Rick's surgery and progress.  Let's find this man a kidney #teamricosuavay #teamrick #teamgrandparick

No comments:

Post a Comment