Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter fills the soul!

   

Easter fills the soul!

   This beautiful Easter weekend reminded me of how valuable life and even death are in our Heavenly Father's Plan.  I am truly grateful for my brother and Savior, Jesus Christ. What amazing unconditional love he has for each of us. Rick and I and our family are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  This weekend,  I intently listened to our General Conference to hear messages of peace and comfort from our Prophet and Leaders.  I was not disappointed.  Each and every message was something I needed to hear.

      I have found that it has been hard to keep my mind focused as I worry so much about our future, our children, our finances,  and our comfort zone being turned upside down.  However,  I can say, I have a sense of peace with it all.  I know that through faith and the love of my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and others that we can make it through this challenge. 


     It has been decided that Rick will have the scans with the surgical dye.  We will take the chance that his kidneys will be able to dispose of the dye without damaging them too much so he doesn't end up on dialyses. If we end up on dialyses, we will deal with it as it comes. We are just waiting for the call to tell us when.  Currently, he won't be able to be listed for a transplant until the aneurysms are taken care of.  Hopefully, we will know more in the next few days of how and when that is going to take place.  The waiting game is the worst.  Thank you to everyone that given prayers and kind thoughts on our behalf.  Your love and kindness is so warmly felt and appreciated.

     Each new day has become a blessing.  Each day, I try to be a little nicer. (That is a miracle, by the way . Lol.  I love to tease.)  Each day I watch my eternal companion laugh and talk with his children, patiently teach and inspire  his fifteen year old son, play with his beautiful little grand daughters, work to provide for his family, and of course, show kindness and love to his wife.  I think I am falling in love with him all over again more and more every day.  Funny how it takes thoughts of being without someone to remind you of how beautiful it is to be with them.  (Wow,  I'm getting mushy!) 

 
     How did we get to be so lucky?  All of our children live close by, so Sundays are a bit of a fiasco.  At any given time there may be a giggle or a cry, sights of a dressed up princess, bride, pirate, a naked little girl, or with Miss Ella Bella "Anything goes", for that matter.   This Easter Sunday was no different.  Beautiful little girls running around gathering candy filled eggs and filling their baskets with loot.    It is a beautiful thing.
 
 TRULY, FAMILY  IS EVERYTHING! 
 

 
 



2 comments:

  1. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. Let's do lunch sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. Let's do lunch sometime.

    ReplyDelete