Tuesday, April 21, 2015

WOOOOO HOOO!!!!




WooooHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

     So yesterday was my birthday.  And to my children, this is the dessert we should have had.  :)  I guess we can plan this dessert when Dad gets a new kidney!



     Now, when you get to be my age, birthdays are just another day.  Another day at work or another day of laundry.  However,  this birthday will be one that I am grateful for forever.  I got the best present today! " GREAT NEWS!!!!"

     After waiting five hours at the U last Friday, Rick had the scans of the brain and the abdomen with the surgical dye.  We anticipated a  2% to 10% decrease in kidney function from the dye.  However, his blood work showed no decrease (The Hallelujah chorus is playing over and over in my mind!).  We, along with many others, have been praying for this, so Rick wouldn't be forced into dialysis.  Even, our cute little grand-daughter Amelia, prays every night for her Grandpa to get a new kidney.  What a beautiful thing it is to be able to know that we are loved and cared about by so many people and our Heavenly Father.  Today, I am counting my blessings. 

     The next step, in our life of the Kidney issue, will be fixing the aneurysm problems that Rick has. Now that they have the scans, they can make decisions. Hopefully, we will have some answers in the next week. Eventually, I will learn the patience thing.  It is not my strongest attribute.  I want the answers and solutions right now. 


 
 
     For now, I will take the tender mercy given us.  I am grateful Rick has a little more time before dialysis.  Again, thank you to everyone who has been praying for us.  We feel your strength and love.  Please continue to keep Rick in your thoughts and prayers.  His journey is just beginning and will most likely be a long one.   We love you all!




    

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear/read this. I may have a few tears in my eyes! Love you all of you! Best birthday present!!!

    ReplyDelete